Do You and Your Spouse Complement Each Other?

Do you complement each other? When we spent the day with another couple recently, Mick and I thought how well they complement each other. They are very different in a lot of ways yet, each one is the same in that they support and complement each other and encourage them in the jobs they are doing. Consequently their marriage works well because they work as a team. What one doesn’t have in the way of skills, the other one supplies. When one is struggling and feeling down their spouse is there to lift them up and love them and encourage … Continue reading

Do You Know if He is Happy?

I recently heard a story about a man who had an affair after ten years of marriage. He commented that he had been unhappy in the marriage for a long time and that he did not know what else to do so he turned to another. I will begin by saying that I am not agreeing with his decision. I do not believe that there is any acceptable excuse for an affair. If he were that unhappy, a divorce would have been a better option. However I do hear this complaint and excuse from men a lot. It seems that … Continue reading

Are You Happy Most of the Time?

Many women are unhappily married. Likewise many men are also unhappily married. In many cases they remain married. These couples typically have no major event occur that confirms that they need to get out of their marriage. For example there is no infidelity or abuse. In many cases these couples will experience down times and up times. They will have good moments with each other and bad moments with each other. They key is having the good moments outweigh the bad moments. Through all of these ups and downs it can be very difficult to get a grasp on exactly … Continue reading

Could it be Worse?

In some cases we have it better in life than we actually think. Often we find ourselves believing that that the grass is actually greener on the other side. However if we stop and think about what we have and how it could be worse, we may be a little more satisfied with what we have. People have all different views and opinions about what is good and bad in life. They have different feelings and different thoughts on what makes them happy and what makes them angry. Women have different views of how their marriage should run and how … Continue reading

More about Relating to Your Man

I left off a discussion in which we were discussing how women relate to their men. In that discussion I described how some women are completely accepting of their man because his positive aspects outweigh his negatives. I also talked about how some women are very rejectful toward their husbands and how this can lead to marriage dissolvement. Some women combine the two above together and simply tolerate their man. Half of the time they accept him and his faults. The other half they reject him. This juggling back and forth between the two can leave both of you in … Continue reading

Relating to Your Man

One of the greatest challenges in marriage is learning to live with, deal with, and in some cases even tolerate your partner of the opposite sex. Both men and women can be heard with struggles and complaints about their mate. The two genders think differently, act differently, and feel differently. It is impossible to completely understand the feelings, thoughts, and emotions of your mate due to the difference in chemical make-up. There is no wonder why we must be understanding and work at relating to our mate. In this article I will focus mainly on the various ways that you … Continue reading

Learning to Read His Feelings

My last couple of articles have been talking about men and women and how they deal with unhappiness. Women tend to be much more open and expressive about their feelings than men. Men are often more misinterpreted than women. This misinterpretation can lead to the dissolving of a marriage. While it should be on the man’s priority list to open up more and try to express himself, women can also play a part in better communication. Women tend to let negative and personal feelings get into the way when reading their spouse. Not all of his actions are personal attacks … Continue reading

More about His Unhappiness

Previously I began discussing how I have heard of many men commenting that they were unhappy in their marriage for a long time before they ever decided to take action and have an affair or get a divorce. In many cases their deep unhappiness is often not known by others. In that same article I talked about how most women cannot go unnoticeably unhappy for any long length of time. Women are much more expressive with their feelings than men. They typically are more verbal about their feelings and give fewer little hints about what they feel. Men on the … Continue reading